Job Title: Transportation Manager
Reporting To: Donna Halawa
Travel: 25 – 35%
Location: Woodridge, IL
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and oversee transportation team with accountability for spent on both inbound and outbound freight. Responsible for hiring, training and supervising employees and vendors in managing and scheduling shipments.
· Lead all transportation planning and strategic logistics activities.
· Supervise air and ocean freight forwarding, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions.
· Establish quality transportation services.
· Evaluate, Implement and Maintain TMS (include ability to track shipments, invoice audits for accuracy, real time quotes, data to negotiate quotes).
· Develop partnership with outside carriers in shipping.
· Plan and implement budgets and cost reduction in transportation spent.
· Manage the operational aspects of ongoing transportation and logistics projects.
· Ensure customer goods move from production through supply chain to end customer.
· Supervise Scheduling of Shipments.
· Lead in resolving shipping issues and improving customer experience.
· Review financial reports.
· Manage performance of DC employees and emphasis on efficiency and service delivery.
· Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or closely related field.
· Five years of experience in the job offered or in transportation environment related to domestic distribution and international ocean freight.
· Experience implementing and managing TMS systems.
· Knowledge of transportation contracts and thorough understanding on rate matrix.
· Experience in negotiating transportation contracts.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
· Bright, analytical, goal-oriented with high standards for quality and performance.
· Strategic “thinker” with ability to translate strategy into practice.
· Flexibility to effectively work with others from different culture, work habits, and management styles.
· Self-motivated, able to work independently and in teams.
· Hands-on, hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven.
· Demonstrates a “roll up your sleeves” initiative to get the job done.
· Willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities.
· Ability to travel.
please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.