Job Title: System Administrator / Help Desk
Location: Woodridge, IL
About Globe Union:
Globe Union strives to be a positive force in our industry and communities. Our approximately 10,000 employees worldwide are guided by our passion statement, "One Family, One Vision." We provide a positive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment, along with an opportunity to grow with a winning team. We are seeking individuals who will bring the same passion to the organization and commit to the success of Globe Union.
Globe Union is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacturing of kitchen and bathroom plumbing fixtures, faucets, and fittings.
Danze, Inc. and Gerber Plumbing Fixtures, LLC are subsidiaries of Globe Union Group, Inc.
About Gerber Plumbing Fixtures:
Founded in 1932, Gerber Plumbing Fixtures LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Globe Union Group Inc. and is based just outside Chicago, IL. Gerber is a leading manufacturer of high performance plumbing fixtures, faucets and fittings sold exclusively through professional wholesalers throughout the United States and Canada.
Gerber has a comprehensive residential product offering of vitreous china fixtures including toilets, lavatories and bidets; a full range of faucets for the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room; and is a leading supplier of bathtub drains. Its complete commercial product line includes toilets, lavatories, urinals and service sinks as well as mechanical and electronic faucets and flush valves. Gerber also has a complete line of high efficiency products that are WaterSense certified.
About Danze, Inc:
Danze is young and playful with an entrepreneurial spirit and an optimist’s view of the world—a world filled with unlimited possibilities. We are savvy, independent thinkers - much like our customers. We believe that style and design have the power to inspire and delight. This belief is our reason for being.
Preferring the path less traveled, we enjoy the distinction of being different as much as we enjoy the new experiences that come out of it. We are easy-going but possess an ambitious edge. We’re proud of this paradox. You’ll usually find us hanging with other fun and free-thinking people who are authentic, caring, and friendly. We embrace of the beauty of life. And we know we are all in this together.
We're grounded and humbled by the idea that people, all over America, are using Danze products everyday in a multitude of ways. And when they do, Danze is helping them feel better about their homes and about themselves in a multitude of ways. This is why we're focused on creating products that are an expression of our customers and their relentless search for something beautiful, distinctive and refreshing.
· Troubleshooting support for wireless, LAN, and WAN issues.
· Manage Windows, Linux, and VM server.
· Provide assistance with help desk issues including: software, hardware, antivirus, printers, and Windows user account maintenance.
· Install new and existing software programs.
· Assist in new hire set up process, including lap tops and desk tops for new users.
· Communicate with managers, co-workers, and partners overseas in Taiwan, China.
· Create and edit user account information on system database.
· Maintain laptop and desktop account procedures and processes.
· Check for virus and spam alerts on system database.
· Perform all other duties as required.
· 3 – 5 years related experience.
· Previous experience with CISCO Networking, Windows Server, and VM Ware required.
· Windows XP, 7, Server 2003/2008/2012.
· VM Ware 5.5
· Enterprise Anti Virus.
· Active Directory Management, Group Policy management, Basic Networking (DHCP, DNS, VLANS, Wireless etc).
· Software deployment (silent installs, network installs, basic batch scripts).
· Hardware Diagnostics and trouble shooting (printers, laptops, servers).
· Implementation experience of Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls configuration is a plus.
· Experience with VoIP/PBX systems
· Willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities
· Ability to work well with all co-workers and manager
· A successful candidate will be self-motivated, goal-oriented, thrive on challenging and rewarding work, and have the ability to make quick and effective decisions
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven
· Demonstrates a “roll up your sleeves” initiative to get the job done
Preferred but not required:
· Lotus Notes
· Certifications – MSCR, CCNA, VCP, A+, Networks+
· Linux/ Unix, VMWare, Lotus Notes
· Disaster Recovery and Backup
· Enterprise Storage (SANS, NAS, Tape)
Globe Union offers excellent benefits including:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· 401(k) with generous company match
· Paid Holidays
· Annual vacation
· Life and disability insurance