Bathroom Tub + Shower Trends
While floor plans, decor and material choices all vary greatly in bathroom design, one thing is for sure – we all have personal preferences for what we want this important room to be in our home.
Bath and shower trends have taken their own shape in the last few years. Here are a few things we’re seeing that might spark ideas as you plan your next bathroom remodel:
- High design, freestanding tubs can make a significant style statement in the room.
- Many bathroom plans are eliminating a tub altogether (maybe taking a cue from many hotel renovations).
- Glass enclosed showers help keep rooms light and airy looking.
- Roman showers have gained popularity in the US – no step-up into the shower makes it friendly for people of all ages.
- There’s a yin-yang effect going on between spa-like custom showers with multiple showerheads and body sprays, and a water-saving shower systems. A personal choice if we’ve ever seen one (can meant the difference between 17+ and 1.5 gallons of water per minute).
Want some photos for inspiration? Check out these from HGTV.